Follow @SelfMadeRyan Twitter Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH, SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY FACEBOOK IN ANY WAY.
1. Promotion Period: Follow @SelfMadeRyan Twitter Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 15, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 1, 2013 (“Promotion Period”).
2. How To Enter: THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Limit one (1) entry per person. Additional entries are possible only if individual has multiple twitter accounts. During the Promotion Period, you may only enter by following Ryan Friedlinghaus @ www.twitter.com/selfmaderyan. All new followers from Nov 15, 2012 and Feb 1, 2013 will automatically be entered into the contest by clicking the follow button on the enclosed twitter page. If you are not already a “follower” of the SelfMadeRyan twitter, you will be required to become a new “follower” of that Page with a new twitter user account name during the contest period process; you do not have to remain a “follower” after all random drawings are completed. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. Entry through multiple Twitter accounts by “Following” and “unfollowing” is prohibited. All qualified entries submitted by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 15, 2012 will be eligible for the Grand Prize. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and may result in disqualification. There is no charge for entering as free Internet access is available at many public libraries.
3. Random Selection: On or about the seventh day following the end of the Promotion Period, a Contest winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by a representative of the Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters related to the contest shall be final and binding. A participant selected as a potential contest winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these official rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
4. Promotion Period: The Promotion Period begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET November 15, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 1, 2013.
5. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning a Prize for the contest depends on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. Prizes: There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner who will be awarded one (1) Trip to West Coast Customs. Grand Prize includes airfare for 2 from winner location to California. The Grand Prize has an Approximate Retail Value of $3,500 USD, depending upon winner’s airfare. Airfare must be booked at least 30+ days before travel date.
8. Prize Restrictions: The Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen Prizes. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. There can be no transfer, cash or other substitution of a prize, except that the Sponsor may substitute a Prize in whole or in part for one of comparable or greater value for any reason. Prizes must be claimed within six months of Grand Prize Winner announcement.
9. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the U.S. residents, who are at least 18 years of age as of their date of entry (19 years old if a resident of AL or NE; 21 years old if a resident MS) and anyone over the age of 18 years old in countries outside the US. THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees of the Sponsor, and any of their affiliate, parent or subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
10. General Rules:
a. Verification and Notification of Prize Winner: The Potential Winner is subject to verification by the Sponsor, and must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each Winner will be posted on the following web page: http://www.westcoastcustoms.comand will be contacted by the Sponsor by phone or e-mail at the Potential Winner’s e-mail address of record with the Sponsor, within five (5) days after applicable contest period’s random automated drawing. The Potential Winner must respond in the manner stated on that website address and in that e-mail, within seventy-two (72) hours of the random automated drawing. After response from a Potential Winner, the Sponsor will send a “Release” package (described below) to the Potential Winner via e-mail. The Potential Winner will be required to sign and return via e-mail a statement of eligibility and liability release and, except where prohibited, publicity release (collectively, the “Release”), within forty-eight (48) hours of notification in order to become the Validated Winner and receive a Prize. Once a Potential Winner has been verified to the satisfaction of the Sponsor and has returned the signed Release, he/she will become a Validated Winner. If, however, the selected Potential Winner is determined to be ineligible by the Sponsor, or fails to respond or return the Release within the required time period, that Potential Winner forfeits any Prize and is disqualified. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor will randomly select a different Potential Winner from all remaining eligible entries for the Promotion Period drawing and repeat the notification and verification process outlined above. The Sponsor will continue repeating that process, until a Validated Winner is determined.
b. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes the winner’s consent to use by the Sponsor, the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information, opinions, and/or hometown and state/country for purposes of advertising and trade without compensation or notice of any kind. Participation in the contest constitutes each participant’s consent to use his/her name and Application information in the administration of the contest. Each entrant’s signature and contact information provided on the accompanying entry form shall serve as written acknowledgment and consent to this provision.
c. Release: By entering this contest, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, along with their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of your participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. You also agree to hold harmless Twitter and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and Twitter’s officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
d. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the current promotion period of the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone or other communication lines or wireless transmissions, or network hardware or software, or failed/incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, that may limit a user’s ability to participate; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason your entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is to make another entry in the then-current promotion period of the contest; and if that is not possible due to conclusion or discontinuance of the contest for any reason, you will have no further remedy for such deleted, lost, destroyed or corrupted entry.
e. Disputes – Governing Law & Venue: You agree that: (i) you will be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor; (ii) the Sweepstakes is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning); (iii) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and or the Sponsor in connection with the contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California; (iv) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Calfornia State Court located in Corona, California; (v) to the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the contest, you agree to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right of change of venue, forum non-conveniens or like right; (vi) you will bring any action regarding the contest individually (not as part of a class action); (vii) your recovery shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in the contest (if any) and waive any and all other damages (including but not limited to compensatory, punitive, consequential or incidental damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased) as well as any right to attorneys’ fees. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FINAL CLAUSE OF THE PRECEDING SENTENCE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
f. Termination or Disqualification: The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Sponsor’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contest, as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion. In such case the Sponsor shall select a Potential Winners for the promotion period from all eligible entries received for such promotion period prior to the action taken. The Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Applications, which will be disqualified. The Potential Winner may be required to show proof of identity. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a rightful winner, the Sponsor will gather proof of identity from the disputing parties and will solely be responsible for choosing the winner.
11. Winners: For the first name, last initial, city and state/country of the winner, available after random automated drawing. Visit: www.westcoastcustoms.com.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the contest is West Coast Customs. Inc, 181 Via Trevizio Corona, CA 92879. The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Twitter. Any questions or complaints regarding the contest shall be directed to the Sponsor, not Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be used to contact you in the event you are selected as a contest winner or to send you information if you opt to receive future offers from the Sponsor.